Monday, January 17, 2011

Puppet Puppy Love

I found use #2 for our never ending supply of cardboard tubes. (See use # 1 in the Circus is in Town). I let Button Boy choose the craft today from FreeKidsCrafts.com - another new find on my adventures through Twitter. He decided on this adorably simple dog puppet.


We altered the directions a smidge. Instead of painting the tube, we wrapped a piece of brown construction paper around it and fastened it with Scotch tape. I assisted him by drawing the ears and background of the face and he pretty much finished everything else. We both made our own puppets and I know I'm his mother, but I think his looks much better than mine. It has so much character with its perky ears and giant smile. Now we have to figure out some other animal friends to keep these two puppies company.

No comments:

Post a Comment