Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Cheese Ball Fit for a Rabbit

I'm a huge fan of the magazine Everyday Food. I have every issue since it came out, except issue 36. Such a pity! Every once in a while they have a special section called “After School Snacks”. I wish they would dedicate a whole issue to kids. Their simple fresh approach to cooking makes snacks and meals easy to prepare with your child. I have always wanted to try the Cheddar Carrot Balls that ran in the May 2006 issue. See the recipe in the link below:


We made a couple of adjustments. Button Boy had a hard time mixing the cheese mixture with a wooden spoon so I suggested he just mix it with his hands - which worked well. The texture got a little gooey, but we rolled the whole thing into one big ball instead of twelve like the recipe indicated. We let it sit in the frig for a couple of hours. He loved it on Triscuits and of course his fingers. I thought it could have used some extra seasoning like Worcestershire sauce or green onions, but that's coming from an adult's perspective. Button Boy asked if he could bring it for his Birthday snack at school. I'm thinking it would be a nice change from all those sweet treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment