Friday, January 14, 2011

Growing a Tree by Hand

What is with all the generic craft sites for kids? I have found about five or so that I find to be really useful and the rest are just blah. My friend Bianca suggested I try out kaboose.com which I discovered is owned by Disney Online. They have enough creative, original content ranging from crafts, recipes, and activities to keep your kids busy all day. I decided to try one of the winter crafts, a Snowy Handprint Tree, since there is about 7 inches of snow in our backyard. Check out the directions in the link below:


As usual I chose not to follow the directions and ended up with a mess. Do not use Elmer's Glue instead of the glue stick. We ended up with a giant gooey sugar glob instead of a tree. I guess that's why I refer to the blog as a test kitchen. Let us make the mistakes for you first. The sugar leaves a nice dusting of snow if you use the glue stick. Button Boy and his friend said the best part of this craft was having permission to paint their hands brown. What little boy does not want to get messy?

I just signed up for Twitter @craftykitchn. So far I'm finding some excellent new sources for crafts and cooking. I'll keep you posted on my journey through Twitter Land. In the mean time, let me know what sites, books or magazines you like and Button Boy and I will try them out in a future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment