Monday, February 21, 2011

There’s a Dinosaur in the House



I have been in a craft fog lately. There are just so many ideas out there for kids and I was really bored by all the winter and Valentine’s Day stuff. So I asked Button Boy “What’s on your mind?”  He’s really been into Dino Dan on Nick Jr., so we Googled dinosaur crafts and found this little green guy made from one paper plate.


Now I’m not the type of mom to take over and make Button Boy follow the directions exactly. I figure he’s got enough years of school ahead of him to cover that territory. That’s why I like to make my own version of the craft – then I’m not tempted to take over his. Plus his version always has loads more character than mine. He has no preset conception of how all the pieces fit together or even what colors to use. His finished dinosaur actually reminded me more of a turtle. Check out both of our creations. His is the first photo and mine is the second.

The whole process took about 30 minutes, excluding the 4 hours of drying time on the paint. We opted for the glue instead of staples. I’m still leery of the combination of staples and my 4 year old. I loved that we got a whole animal out of one plate, which ended up fitting together like puzzle pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment